My goals on the vedic astrology journey

In the previous post, I wrote about starting my journey in the quest of vedic astrology.

Below is a series of milestones that I would like to complete in this regard.

  1. By end of 2020: Define the field to specialize in.
    I would continue to get deeper into the astrology, understanding the fundamentals, the branches etc. At this time, I know I am more keen on making predictions relating in the community astrology rather than horoscope, match making, or predicting random events. Thats the one thing to validate and determine what it would take to get there.

  2. By end of Mar 2021: learn the Sanskrit language.
    As has been said and because of my own primary level experience learning Sanskrit, I know that the subtleties of this language far exceeds any other. Even if I dont pick up a book written totally in Sanskrit, I am going to have to read many shalokas in Sanskrit. Creating one's own interpretations of the original text is important to not become a copy cat and really add value to the subject. I am keeping it the month of March because that's when most school close their year and I would like to keep it aligned to that. :)

  3. By end of 2025: gain ability to accurately predict major events.
    This one a bit vague by intention. I am not sure how I am going to qualify this goal but the idea is that I should have mastered this topic by then. I should know what to do, how to do, methods, processes, charts, and my own gaps.

  4. By end of 2025: Improve on related goals.
    Along with astrology comes other related field from our rishis and jyotishis. These include Yoga,  meditation, learning Ayurveda. I need to have fair proficiency for day to day use in these areas. This wont make me an expert but a good student for sure.

  5. By end of 2030: foundation stone for Dharmic Astrology Institution in Himachal.
    All of sudden,  I seem to have gotten Nirvana on what I am going to do in my life. And that is to open an institute that impacts the education to young and old in a structure manner. Like a modern day college. When I say foundation stone, my commitment is to start this journey of such an institute not necessarily opening a session that year itself but starting to get there. The reason why it should be in Himachal Pradesh is not only because I am from Himachal and would like to spend my post retirement life there but also because I believe Himachal being the land of devis and devtas, it would be a much more appropriate place to start something like that as compared to, say, Delhi or Noida.

  6. By end of 2034: This is the year, that would see me having completed 60 years in the month of March and hence practically made redundant in the ear of fast moving technology industry. I would have retired that year or earlier. In either case, I would want to start dedicating full time towards the day to day functioning of my Dharmic Vedic Astrology institute. I would really like to take it to the heights of Takshila. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Indya needs to do !?

19 Opportunities with Covid19

Retun to India - my experiences